Adam TestermanPresident Texas Tech University
Adam Testerman begins his official service to the NPTE in 2019, but has been involved in the organization for over a decade. As a competitor, he appeared in NPTE finals twice (2008 and 2010) and earned the top speaker award (2010). Adam helped coach the 2014 NPTE champions for Lewis & Clark College. Adam is passionate for college parliamentary debate and hopes to help guide the NPTE to continued success in coming years.
Brittany HubbleVice President El Camino College
Brittany Hubble is an adjunct instructor of Communication Studies at several California Community Colleges and a forensics coach at El Camino College. Brittany received both her B.A. and M.A. in Communication Studies from UCLA and CSULB respectively. She competed for El Camino College from 2013-2015 where Brittany was one of few community college debaters to qualify to the NPTE and break into elimination rounds of NPTE and NPDA in 2015. Brittany has helped El Camino coach teams to deep elimination rounds at NPTE and NPDA, as well as numerous successes at Phi Rho Pi. Brittany continues her to share her love of debate not only as a coach and a judge but also as the Vice-President of PSCFA.
Zach SchneiderTreasurer-Secretary McKendree University
Zach Schneider graduated from Southern Illinois University in 2015 with a degree in computer science. He was a successful collegiate debater and one-half of the 2015 NPTE championship team. Zach is now a professional software engineer and has also worked as Director of Technology for the Bernie 2016 presidential campaign. He has continued to pursue his passion for debate, both through coaching and judging and by developing the current NPTE website and rankings code.
Rebecca SietmanAt-Large Wheaton College
Rebecca Sietman is an Assistant Professor of Communication and has been the Director of Forensics at Wheaton College since 2008. Rebecca graduated with an M.A. and Ph.D. from the Ohio State University where she specialized in political communication, media effects, public opinion, and survey research. Her current research examines the spiral of silence in the context of communication about infertility. In her spare time, Rebecca enjoys reading, singing, going for a run, and traveling with her family, especially to the beach. Rebecca has served on the NPTE board since July 2015. She served as vice president from July 2017-August 2018, and as president from August 2018-April 2019.
Lauran SchaeferAt-Large Whitman College
Lauran Schaefer is the Director of Debate at Whitman college. She is passionate about debate, particularly equity in debate. She is "all but dissertation" at Southern Illinois University (SIU), and *fingers crossed* will complete here PhD by 2021. She earned her bachelors and masters degree at Texas Tech University (TTU). During her time at SIU, she coached at William Jewell College for three years, and coached and debated for TTU during her seven years there. Lauran's research focused on the rhetoric of sexual violence in her masters program. More recently she has moved towards researching diversity and inclusion in higher education rooted in the work of Sara Ahmed, and her dissertation will be a rhetorical analysis of the Bret Kavanaugh hearings in the Senate Judiciary Committee. She is looking forward to serving parliamentary debaters, coaches, and judges in her role on the NPTE board and is hopeful for collaboration with folks on and off the board!
- Joe Blasdel - March 2011 to March 2019 (At Large, March 2011 - April 2012; Vice President, April 2012-July 2013; President, July 2013-May 2015; Vice President, May 2015-August 2016; At Large, August 2016-March 2019)
- Ashley Nuckels-Cuevas - April 2018 to January 2019 (Vice President, April 2018 - January 2019)
- Jason Jordan - June 2017 to August 2018 (President, April 2018 - August 2018)
- Jeannie Hunt - February 2016 to July 2018
- Jim Hanson - May 2000 to March 2018 (At Large, May 2000-June 2001; President (and Chair), July 2001-July 2008; Treasurer, July 2008 to June 2015; Treasurer-Secretary, July 2015 to March 2018)
- Joe Gantt - January 2009 to March 2018 (Executive Secretary, January 2009-May 2015; President, May 2015-March 2017; At Large, March 2017-March 2018)
- Kathryn Starkey - August 2015 to March 2018 (President, March 2017-March 2018)
- Derek Buescher - May 2008 to June 2017 (At Large, May-June 2008; President, July 2008-July 2013; At Large, August 2013 to June 2017)
- Kevin Garner - July 2015 to August 2015
- Konrad Hack - July 2006 to July 2015 (At Large, July 2006-June 2013; President, July 2013; At-Large, August 2013-July 2015)
- Gina Lane - May 2005 to April 2015
- Charles "Chuck" Walts - July 2013-Feb 2015 (Vice President, July 2013-Feb 2015)
- Kristine Clancy - July 2011-July 2012
- Jason Steck - April 2000-March 2011 (Executive Secretary, April 2000-May 2005; Vice President, May 2005-March 2011)
- Patty Steck - April 2000-March 2011
- Glenn Prince - May 2008-January 2009 (Executive Secretary, May 2008-January 2009)
- Matt Stannard - April 2000-May 2005 (Chair, April 2000-July 2001)
- Kate Huetteman - July 2002-July 2006
- Scott Gratson - April 2000-July 2002
- Michelin Massey, Kristy Cote and John Meany served during the initial creation of the NPTE during the Spring and Summer of 2000.
- Adam Astley - April 2000-August 2017, NPTE Web Hosting and Rankings Coder